FG Formalisation Support – Register Free CAC 250,000 Business Names. The Federal Government (FG) of Nigeria has commenced the registration of 250, 000! free business names with Corporate Affairs Commission for MSMEs. The Formalisation support scheme by the FG will provide free CAC business name registration for 250, 000 business.
However, as part of the Federal Government’s post-Covid-19 Pandemic survival intervention to support micro and small businesses to formalize their businesses, the Federal Government has approved the free registration of 6,606 Business Names in each of the 34 states while Abia, Lagos, and Kano will have 7,906, 9,084 and 8,406 respectively.
This FG initiative aims to cushion the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the people. Therefore, all MSEs, Artisans, Craftsmen, and Women, that are yet to formalities their business names with the Corporate Affairs Commission! are to take advantage of this Federal Government Business Formalization Support of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise survival fund.
The free registration for the 250, 000 business name started on the 19th of October 2020! Also, each state has been approved with aggregators to receive applications from individuals, in line with CAC requirements. You can find out your state aggregator name and phone number List of All States Aggregators
How To Register FG Formalisation Support
To register for the free 250, 000 business names with the Corporate Affairs Commission by the Federal Government.
- Check your State aggregator contact details.
- Visit your center in your state.
- Submit your application letter
- Attach your three proposed names, two passport-sized photographs, valid means of identification and phone numbers, and email address.
Application Business Names Form
How to complete the registration;
- Fill this application form by electronic means
- Sign the application form
- Affix your recent passport to the application
- Scan the completed form in PDF format together with a scanned copy of a recognized and valid photo identification (Data Page of International Passport, Driver’s license, National Identity Card or Voter’s Card) and sent via email to the Aggregator of your relevant State.