This is to inform the general public, that the University of Ghana Medical School (UGMS)! Hereby invites interested and qualified applicants for both Ghanaians and Non-Ghanaians to submit their applications for admission into the Graduate Entry Medical Programme (GEMP) 2020/2021 Academic Session.
The Ghana Entry Medical Programme will commence by April 2020 on a full-time study. The programme duration is 4 -years which will lead to the award of MB ChB Degree. And it will be in two categories; the residential basis for phase 2 and the non-residential basis for phase1.
The entry qualification requirements are as follows;
- Interested Applicants must have a First Degree, minimum of second class lower in following courses; Pharmacy, Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry, Physiotherapy, Chemistry, Nursing, Physician Assistantship, Dietetics, Biological Sciences, Radiography, Laboratory Sciences, and Nutrition.
- Only applicants that have a first degree in the above-listed courses will be considered.
- Prove that you have completed the National Service (if applicable).
- Candidates should have obtained a good WASSCE/SSSCE grade in three (3) core and three (3) Elective sciences subjects one of which must be Chemistry.
All eligible applicants are to confirm their eligibility from the website and get a form at the Academic Affairs Office, University of Ghana Medical School, Korle-Bu, Room 23. Ensure that you fill and attach all following necessary documents below:
- Copy of Certificates (SHS & Degree).
- Copy of 6 months bank statement and other financial instruments as proof of ability to pay.
- Addresses and Letters from Sponsor(s) undertaking to pay all fees showing detailed information of present work status.
- Two endorsed Recommendation Letters from 2 Referees from a relevant Academic Institution.
- Original Transcript.
- Proof of online registration and NSS Certificates where applicable.
- Two recent endorsed passport-sized photographs.
How To Apply
All application is via online both Ghanaian and Non-Ghanaian applicants.
- Ghanaian applicants are to apply online through this link GHANAIAN ONLINE APPLICATION
- While foreign applicants are to apply online through this link FOREIGN ONLINE APPLICATION
COST OF APPLICATION
- Ghanaian Applicants can obtain the online application E-VOUCHERS for Two Hundred Ghana Cedis GH¢200.00 at the following banks: Ecobank, HFC Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Ghana Commercial Bank, Zenith Bank, Merchant Bank, UniBank, Prudential Bank and Fidelity Bank.
- Foreign Applicants are to pay One Hundred and Ten US Dollars ($110.00) as application fee into FGN-USD (0161034485604301) College of Health Sciences, Korle Bu Campus. SWIFT CODE: ECOCGHAC. Please kindly indicate UGMS-GEMP on the payslip and upload as part of the application form.
The final date for online application and submission of forms is Friday, December 31, 2019.
Kindly visit the OFFICIAL WEBSITE for further details and information. OR @ Academic Affairs Office/ GEMP Secretariat, Contact phone number; +233 302-666987/8 and +233 302-661446.
Email: [email protected] [email protected]